[asterisk-users] AGI and paging

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Wed Nov 18 11:03:22 CST 2009

Hello,

I have an AGI (in C) on 1.4.26.3 that puts a caller on hold, does a few
things, then blind transfers the call (with EXEC Dial...) to a parking
space.  This is working fine.

Now I want to add an overhead page AFTER the transfer has happened,
basically announcing that there is a caller waiting.  Trouble is the
channel is gone, and my "EXEC Page..." is returning -1.

I had to trap SIGALRM to keep the channel teardown from killing the AGI
program in the first place (though I tried DeadAGI first - it still gets a
SIGALRM when the Dial is complete).

It seems that I should be able to do the "EXEC Page" as a new channel...
why is it not allowing it?

Also open to any other implementation ideas.  The AGI has an AMI
connection open and I suppose I could try something via AMI for the page?

Thanks for any clues!