[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.2.18 and meetme causing Audio bleeds

Jon Thomas djklutter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 11:04:35 CST 2009

Lookin for anyone who has experienced an issue similar to this.  It's quite
baffling as I'm unable to locate much help when it comes to debugging such
an audio oddity.

I'm currently running Asterisk 1.2.18 with a T1/E1 PRI.

To cause the audio bleed (is audio bleed actually what I should even call
this?): I create a meetme conference and have a few people call in to it.
Once established I then use another phone and dial out a non-conference
extension.

As soon as Asterisk picks up the call for routing - the audio from the
meetme application suddenly broadcasts into my call.
The users of the conference can NOT hear me but I can hear everything
they're saying.  It's like Asterisk is treating my line as a call monitor -
though asterisk indicates it is NOT (via cli show channels verbose and
meetme list conf#)

Any thoughts as to possible areas to focus on for such an issue?  Asterisk
full logs indicate no errors or anomalies...and based on results from
google, this is not an issue that seems to be reported often, if ever.

Thanks!
Jon.