[asterisk-users] Trouble registering Cisco 7942

Stephen Reese rsreese at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 16:11:06 CST 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 9:34 PM, Warren Selby <wcselby at selbytech.com> wrote:
> The 7960 and 79x2 use different sip firmwares and as far a I have seen
> the 7960 does not have the same port issue the 7941/2 seems to have
> (which technically is not a problem, just an implementation of the sip
> protocol that you don't typically see).
>
> As to your issue, are you still seeing the same error messages in the
> ssh logs?  I haven't ever had to use the register with proxy settings
> in my configs, but I've only worked with the 79x1 series phones, not
> the x2.
>
> I've actually got a post up on my blog addressing setting up a 7941 in
> a situation similar to yours:
>
> http://www.selbytech.com/2009/10/setup-cisco-7941-or-7961-with-asterisk/
>
> In that post is a sanitized version of my conf file that I use on my
> own deskphone, if you'd like to download it and try it out with your
> setup.

My config is very similar though my only question is you have
registerWithProxy set to true though nothing defined. Was this a
sanitation mistake?

<sipProxies>
<backupProxy/>
<backupProxyPort/>
<emergencyProxy/>
<emergencyProxyPort/>
<outboundProxy/>
<outboundProxyPort/>
<registerWithProxy>true</registerWithProxy>
</sipProxies>