[asterisk-users] Trouble registering Cisco 7942

Warren Selby wcselby at selbytech.com
Wed Nov 11 20:34:49 CST 2009

The 7960 and 79x2 use different sip firmwares and as far a I have seen
the 7960 does not have the same port issue the 7941/2 seems to have
(which technically is not a problem, just an implementation of the sip
protocol that you don't typically see).

As to your issue, are you still seeing the same error messages in the
ssh logs?  I haven't ever had to use the register with proxy settings
in my configs, but I've only worked with the 79x1 series phones, not
the x2.

I've actually got a post up on my blog addressing setting up a 7941 in
a situation similar to yours:

http://www.selbytech.com/2009/10/setup-cisco-7941-or-7961-with-asterisk/

In that post is a sanitized version of my conf file that I use on my
own deskphone, if you'd like to download it and try it out with your
setup.

Thanks,
--Warren Selby