[asterisk-users] Trouble registering Cisco 7942

Stephen Reese rsreese at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 18:32:10 CST 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 10:13 AM, Warren Selby <wcselby at selbytech.com> wrote:
> In your sip.conf file, be sure to specify nat=no for the phone, even
> though the phone is behind a nat device. The cisco phones handle sip
> packets differently than the way asterisk expects, so you have to do
> this in order to make asterisk send the way the phone will accept.
>

> Thanks,
> --Warren Selby

Thanks, as a test I changed both a 7960 and 7942 both to "nat=no" the
latter being the one I'm having trouble registering. The 7960 then was
unable to register so I changed it back to "nat=yes". When I changed
the 7942 to "nat=no" and disabled registerWithProxy I can get a dial
tone but can't dial out due to the following:

SIP/2.0 407 Proxy Authentication Required

I tried re-enabling the proxy but then I get nothing as before.