[asterisk-users] stucked calls in asterisk 1.4

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Wed May 27 13:28:18 CDT 2009

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 1:49 PM, Stefan Schmidt <sst at sil.at> wrote:
> all server are in one rack in our datacenter and are connected to an HP
> Procurve 2650 switch, which has been setup around 3 months ago, cause of
> the old switch died silent in the night.
>
> all server had two interfaces and i have allready tried to route the
> traffic between the pbx and the routing server over the second
> interface, where database requests normally run. But this didnt solved
> the problem too.
>
> i will try to increase the UDP buffer size in the linux kernel, maybe
> this will take some affect.

I will say that asterisk-1.6 is supposed to have a better SIP stack
than 1.4. Perhaps the difference in performance will help you.
Specifically, check out:

http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/branches/1.6.0/CHANGES
http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/branches/1.6.1/CHANGES

I'd recommend you go to at least 1.6.1.* series