[asterisk-users] stucked calls in asterisk 1.4

Stefan Schmidt sst at sil.at
Thu May 28 03:49:38 CDT 2009

David Backeberg schrieb:
> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 1:49 PM, Stefan Schmidt <sst at sil.at> wrote:
>> all server are in one rack in our datacenter and are connected to an HP
>> Procurve 2650 switch, which has been setup around 3 months ago, cause of
>> the old switch died silent in the night.
>>
>> all server had two interfaces and i have allready tried to route the
>> traffic between the pbx and the routing server over the second
>> interface, where database requests normally run. But this didnt solved
>> the problem too.
>>
>> i will try to increase the UDP buffer size in the linux kernel, maybe
>> this will take some affect.
>
> I will say that asterisk-1.6 is supposed to have a better SIP stack
> than 1.4. Perhaps the difference in performance will help you.
> Specifically, check out:
>
> http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/branches/1.6.0/CHANGES
> http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/branches/1.6.1/CHANGES
>
> I'd recommend you go to at least 1.6.1.* series

i will have a look at 1.6.1 version but the problem is a network/kernel
problem.

i´ve tried to set the udp rcv buffer to 1mb but that didnt change the
problem.

what i can see is that the asterisk itself sometimes lag so no call can
be started, but running calls wont be broken.

in netstat -su i see a big amount of udp packet receive errors when it
lags. Like 600 to 800 pakets per second.

in syslog i cant see anything that would cause asterisk to react like this.

anyone an idea what can cause this problem?

best regards

steve