[asterisk-users] stucked calls in asterisk 1.4

Stefan Schmidt sst at sil.at
Wed May 27 12:49:07 CDT 2009

David Backeberg schrieb:
> Now that I better understand your problem, I'm out of ideas.

thats the point where i stand ;)

> You are correct that if a BYE sip packet gets lost,
> a) it won't get retransmitted if it's UDP
> b) the side that's waiting for the hangup will think the call is still active
>
> I've seen this in my system where the network switch went down while
> calls were active. The system where the call was happening caught the
> hangup, but the trunk system never got the bye as the network was
> down.
>
> My only questions are:
> Are you using a quality network switch, or maybe you can use a
> cross-over cable to eliminate collisions with other systems?

all server are in one rack in our datacenter and are connected to an HP
Procurve 2650 switch, which has been setup around 3 months ago, cause of
the old switch died silent in the night.

all server had two interfaces and i have allready tried to route the
traffic between the pbx and the routing server over the second
interface, where database requests normally run. But this didnt solved
the problem too.

i will try to increase the UDP buffer size in the linux kernel, maybe
this will take some affect.

best regards

steve