[asterisk-users] Manager API in PHP

Scott Gifford sgifford at suspectclass.com
Mon May 18 09:02:24 CDT 2009

Olivier <oza-4h07 at myamail.com> writes:

[...]

> What is your opinion regarding PHP AMI API and Asterisk 1.6.1 ?
> I'm referring here to http://code.google.com/p/asterisk-php-api/.

In my experience, asterisk-php-api works OK, but it's a bit slow.  It
determines when Asterisk has finished sending its responses by waiting
until it doesn't send anything for a few seconds, which means you wait
those few seconds fairly often.  It also doesn't do much to filter out
AMI messages that are unrelated to your query.

We modified it slightly to avoid the pause, and we filter out the AMI
messages we don't care about in our code.

But in the end, AMI is a very simple protocol, and you might find it
easier to just speak it directly over the socket.

Hope this is helpful,

----Scott.