[asterisk-users] Manager API in PHP

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Mon May 18 13:57:50 CDT 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 10:02 AM, Scott Gifford
<sgifford at suspectclass.com> wrote:
> Olivier <oza-4h07 at myamail.com> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>> What is your opinion regarding PHP AMI API and Asterisk 1.6.1 ?
>> I'm referring here to http://code.google.com/p/asterisk-php-api/.
>
> In my experience, asterisk-php-api works OK, but it's a bit slow.  It
> determines when Asterisk has finished sending its responses by waiting
> until it doesn't send anything for a few seconds, which means you wait
> those few seconds fairly often.  It also doesn't do much to filter out
> AMI messages that are unrelated to your query.
>
> We modified it slightly to avoid the pause, and we filter out the AMI
> messages we don't care about in our code.
>
> But in the end, AMI is a very simple protocol, and you might find it
> easier to just speak it directly over the socket.

I will second what he said.

I will also add that it seems to be incompatible with 1.6 with regard
to its originate function, which wants to send variables separated by
pipes rather than commas. I have gotten to the point where I want to
change more than I want to keep from it and am considering writing
another one from scratch.