[asterisk-users] Add Monitor application to call suppresses audio

Barry L. Kline blkline at attglobal.net
Wed May 13 22:00:10 CDT 2009

David Backeberg wrote:

> I don't know why recording is breaking your calls. My guess is
> something is screwed up with your PRI configuration. Are you getting
> alarms in your logs from dahdi?

Not a peep, either with or without using the monitor command.   I've
been using this system for around four months during which time it has
performed flawlessly, running through 20K calls.

> You should try to reproduce the problem on demand by generalizing your
> dialplan, change the number of the answer service to the number of
> your cell phone, and run some calls through.

Done.

> I've been recording calls with 1.6.0 series using MixMonitor() and
> haven't been having problems, making me think the recordings step is
> coincidental. Crank up the verbosity, run some calls through and tell
> us what's happening.

To avoid wrapping, I've posted the results from my tests to this link:
http://www.pastebin.ca/1422291

The first call is the dialplan I have been using which works perfectly.

The second call, which worked, was the first attempt to use Monitor(),
after having restarted Asterisk.

The third call is another attempt at getting a recording.   It, and any
subsequent call, fails miserably.

I'm open for any suggestions.  Thanks very much David.

Barry