[asterisk-users] Add Monitor application to call suppresses audio

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Thu May 14 08:15:19 CDT 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 11:00 PM, Barry L. Kline <blkline at attglobal.net> wrote:
> The first call is the dialplan I have been using which works perfectly.
>
> The second call, which worked, was the first attempt to use Monitor(),
> after having restarted Asterisk.
>
> The third call is another attempt at getting a recording.   It, and any
> subsequent call, fails miserably.
>
> I'm open for any suggestions.  Thanks very much David.
>
> Barry

In all cases, your dial argument to limit the call to 15 seconds seems
to be working, and the calls are definitely getting hungup at 15
seconds.

But there's not the native bridging status on the calls with recording
enabled, where as the native bridging report fires on the
recording-less dialplan.

So you say call 1 with recording made a file, and the call connected with voice.
And call2 with recording made a file, but the customer didn't hear the voice?

What happens if you use MixMonitor() instead?
Are you mixing these calls back together afterward? My recollection is
that monitor makes a call in two halves, one for sender, and for
receiver, and then you have to multiplex the halves back together
afterwards. Are you doing the multiplex step?