[asterisk-users] Add Monitor application to call suppresses audio

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Wed May 13 19:46:29 CDT 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 11:53 AM, Barry L. Kline <blkline at attglobal.net> wrote:
> If I insert a Monitor() prior to dialing the outbound call, I get no
> audio in the recording and the caller hears no audio.   Occasionally it
> works (perhaps 1 out of 5 times) but most of the time the caller can't
> hear the callee, and vice versa.
> I'm using Asterisk 1.6.0.9,  LIBPRI 1.4.10,  and DAHDI 2.1.0.4.
> Can anyone shine any light on why this problem is occurring?

I don't know why recording is breaking your calls. My guess is
something is screwed up with your PRI configuration. Are you getting
alarms in your logs from dahdi?

You should try to reproduce the problem on demand by generalizing your
dialplan, change the number of the answer service to the number of
your cell phone, and run some calls through.

I've been recording calls with 1.6.0 series using MixMonitor() and
haven't been having problems, making me think the recordings step is
coincidental. Crank up the verbosity, run some calls through and tell
us what's happening.