[asterisk-users] Questions on X100P/X101P cards

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu May 7 01:32:19 CDT 2009

On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 07:24:21AM +0200, Massimo Nuvoli wrote:
> John Novack ha scritto:
> >

> > Not sure how you would do that, as the X100 card is an FXO card,
> > won't provide either battery or dial tone to the cordless. What you
> > will want for that is an FXS card or ATA. The X100 card will
> > connect to a central office line, and with the later software echo
> > cancel works OK. Not nearly as bad as some have made it out to be,
> > though for US/Canada lines.  Not suitable for UK and others
>
> The problem is: analog line is a delicated environment where
> impedance, volts, and line quality are some of the critical components.
>
> I found my X100 cards failing in production, no software component can
>  solve the "line impedance" or other physical things. I try but no way
> out.

Some X100P cards (e.g.: those that are based on SI3034, but not those
basedon SI3035) support "programmable" impedance settings. Sadly the
wcfxo driver does not support it.

Fixing it should mostly be a matter of lifting some code from wctdm.c
and adapting it. Shouldn't be much of an issue. Anybody wants to try
that?

(The cards I have at home are SI3035, sadly)

A more interesting task would be to add support for some newer
(soft/"win"-) modems. Anybody wants to try that?

The wcfxo driver needs some love and care. Don't expect Digium to do
that for you. They have more important stuff to do. Go and write your
own device drivers.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com