[asterisk-users] Questions on X100P/X101P cards

Vincent vincent.delporte at bigfoot.com
Thu May 7 04:47:03 CDT 2009

On Thu, 7 May 2009 09:32:19 +0300, Tzafrir Cohen
<tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:
>Some X100P cards (e.g.: those that are based on SI3034, but not those
>basedon SI3035) support "programmable" impedance settings. Sadly the
>wcfxo driver does not support it.
>
>Fixing it should mostly be a matter of lifting some code from wctdm.c
>and adapting it. Shouldn't be much of an issue. Anybody wants to try
>that?
>
>(The cards I have at home are SI3035, sadly)
>
>A more interesting task would be to add support for some newer
>(soft/"win"-) modems. Anybody wants to try that?
>
>The wcfxo driver needs some love and care. Don't expect Digium to do
>that for you. They have more important stuff to do. Go and write your
>own device drivers.

Thanks guys. So, provided the card has the right DAA chips to match
the country in which it is used (FCC or CTR21), all it takes to use
this hardware to handle a POTS line is patching Zaptel? IOW, the
hardware itself is good enough for SOHO use?

According to the following document, NovaVox (which no longer sells
X100P cards) provides a Zaptel patch for cards sold by X100P.com to
support non-FCC countries and UK CID:

"This document describes how to configure an Open Source IP PBX with
an X100P Special Edition (SE) FXO PCI card installed to support Caller
ID received from a UK BT PSTN line. The configuration requires
implementing a patch for Asterisk®/Zaptel that was originally written
for the UK but has also been known to work in other countries.[...]

The Zaptel wcfxo driver has two user configurable modes of operation,
FCC to support US line standards and CTR21 to support European line
standards. The Silicon labs Si3012/Si3035 DAA chip used in the
original Digium X100P card and low cost X100P clone cards only
supports FCC mode. However, the Si3014/Si3034 DAA chip used on the
X100P SE supports global line standards."

X100P SE Setup Guide - Global Line Standards
http://novavox.co.uk/support/x100p.html
Richard Spencer support at novavox.co.uk