[asterisk-users] Questions on X100P/X101P cards

Massimo Nuvoli massimo at archivio.it
Thu May 7 00:24:21 CDT 2009

John Novack ha scritto:

> Not sure how you would do that, as the X100 card is an FXO card,
> won't provide either battery or dial tone to the cordless. What you
> will want for that is an FXS card or ATA. The X100 card will
> connect to a central office line, and with the later software echo
> cancel works OK. Not nearly as bad as some have made it out to be,
> though for US/Canada lines.  Not suitable for UK and others

The problem is: analog line is a delicated environment where
impedance, volts, and line quality are some of the critical components.

I found my X100 cards failing in production, no software component can
 solve the "line impedance" or other physical things. I try but no way
out.

After i bougt a 'real' analog board, even the worst is much much much
better.

I now, the cost is a problem, and there is NOT a single cheap analog
board from DIGIUM or SANGOMA or others....

Bye.