[asterisk-users] Questions on X100P/X101P cards

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Wed May 6 09:04:06 CDT 2009

On Wed, 6 May 2009, Vincent wrote:

> On Wed, 06 May 2009 14:02:20 +0100, "Alan Lord (News)"
> <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:
>> For a cheap backup to your VOIP service they do the job. I wouldn't use
>> them for a "proper" system though.
>
> Thanks for the feedback. I have two more questions:
> 1. Can the OSLEC echo canceller run OK on an 1.6GHz Intel Atom not
> doing much more than this and running Asterisk?

The OSLEC benchmark tell me it can run 14 concurrent instances on a 550MHz
VIA C3 processor. On a 1.6GHz Atom, it tells me it can do 80 concurrent
instances, so I think the overhead of OSLEC is the least of your problems
there.

> 2. Is it good enough to handle a single FXO line for professional use?

I use OSLEC in my standard PBX products - Not with x100p cards though, but
with Digium and OpenVox cards. However I'm in the UK - your lines may be
different...

Gordon