[asterisk-users] Queues in memory after startup

Miguel Molina mmolina at millenium.com.co
Tue Mar 31 16:11:56 CDT 2009

Mark Michelson escribió:
> Gabriel Ortiz Lour wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>>   After * starts the command "queue show" would not show any of the
>> realtime queues, but just the ones that are in the queues.conf file. In
>> this state de AMI would not send any "QueueMemberStatus" for that queues
>> until a call is received by that realtime queue.
>>
>>   Anyone knows any whay to load this information in *'s memory without
>> the need of the queue receiving a call?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gabriel Ortiz
>>

> There is a bit of a hack you can use. If you instead use the command "queue show
> <some_specific_queue_name>" then Asterisk will load from realtime. Then type
> "queue show" again and you'll see all the queues. I'm not sure why it was
> written this way. If you use any 1.6 version of Asterisk, you will find that it
> does not behave this way. "queue show" will always show all queues.
>
> Mark Michelson

I was noticing the same behavior with 1.4 realtime queues. I thought
this was the standard, but it's good to know that 1.6 behaves well, no
matter if the queue is static from the queues.conf file or defined in
realtime way. Some of this little improvements makes 1.6 a bit more
attractive to try for us (1.4 users). Moreover, some of the changes made
to trunk to improve IAX2 performance, and some other "big" changes are
just awesome.

Thanks.

--
Ing. Miguel Molina