[asterisk-users] Queues in memory after startup

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Tue Mar 31 15:41:14 CDT 2009

Gabriel Ortiz Lour wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   After * starts the command "queue show" would not show any of the
> realtime queues, but just the ones that are in the queues.conf file. In
> this state de AMI would not send any "QueueMemberStatus" for that queues
> until a call is received by that realtime queue.
>
>   Anyone knows any whay to load this information in *'s memory without
> the need of the queue receiving a call?
>
> Thanks,
> Gabriel Ortiz

There is a bit of a hack you can use. If you instead use the command "queue show
<some_specific_queue_name>" then Asterisk will load from realtime. Then type
"queue show" again and you'll see all the queues. I'm not sure why it was
written this way. If you use any 1.6 version of Asterisk, you will find that it
does not behave this way. "queue show" will always show all queues.

Mark Michelson