[asterisk-users] iphone, skype and asterisk ...

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 11:48:59 CDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 6:23 PM, Lincoln King-Cliby
<lincoln at controlworks.com> wrote:
> If the app is running it rings like any other softphone… if the app isn’t
> running calls get diverted as if the client wasn’t available. For my
> organization’s application (primarily returning calls when out of the

Except for roaming and in particular international roaming, isn't the
best plan to forward calls the iPhone. It is a phone, too isn't it? Or
just a game platform, browser and GPS?

As cool a device as these things are, the all in one approach has
rarely worked well. Seems to me a good phone should be a good phone.
Maybe part of the future is netbooks with 3g, too?

Or, are we in a transitional period where we haven't yet seen the
kipper app/hw combo yet?

/r