[asterisk-users] no ringtone - just silence/bridging of external calls

alex.mosburger at orange-ftgroup.com alex.mosburger at orange-ftgroup.com
Mon Mar 30 09:14:22 CDT 2009

Hi Community!

If this issue was already topic, please excuse or delete my request...

Topic 1 "no ringtone":
I configured a SIP registration with my SIP provider (SIPCall).
Everything works fine except the ring tone for the caller. The caller
hears silence until the called party takes up the phone.

I used the DIAL command with the r and R option but no luck... :(
Has anybody the same problem than me and a resolution for it?

---------

Topic 2 "external bridging":
The prior approach was to bridge to external calls. An external SIP
number terminates and will be re-routed back to a mobile phone number.
The session was first packet2packet switched, which did not work. After
setting reinvite=yes, the bridge works. Now I added 2 internal
extensions to the mobile phone number in the DIAL command --> did not
work (mobile phone rings but no communication possible; just silence).

Topology:
SIP Provider --> Asterisk --> SIP Provider --> Mobile phone
			/- ext 10
			/- ext 20

The DIAL command was:
Dial(SIP/06544564564 at sipcall.at&SIP/10&SIP/20,,r)

The aim is that all extensions and the mobile rings and the first pick
up takes the call. During call setup music on hold would be good...

It shows no errors in the debug of the CLI.

I would appreciate if somebody could help me.

Thanks,
Alex

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and intended solely for the addressees.
Messages are susceptible to alteration.
If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it immediately and inform the sender.