[asterisk-users] no ringtone - just silence/bridging of external calls

David Gibbons dave at videon-central.com
Mon Mar 30 09:22:18 CDT 2009

I had a similar situation a while ago and the fix was setting up indications.conf:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+indications.conf

-Dave

<snip>
I configured a SIP registration with my SIP provider (SIPCall).
Everything works fine except the ring tone for the caller. The caller
hears silence until the called party takes up the phone.

I used the DIAL command with the r and R option but no luck... :(
Has anybody the same problem than me and a resolution for it?
</snip>