[asterisk-users] ITSP's no longer supporting IAX?

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Thu Mar 26 09:17:25 CDT 2009

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
> The choice of router/NAT is critical though. Unlimitel recommended the
> SnapGear 560 to me, and it eliminated all the issues I was having with
> IAX going through my Sonicwall devices.

I've had nothing but issues with sonicwalls on both the IAX2 and SIP side of
things. At this point I simply refuse to work with customers who have problems
with their network if they are fronting it with a sonicwall. It's a waste of the
customers time and money, and seems to be an insurmountable obstacle.

So I'm not surprised replacing it fixed your issue :)

--
Leif Madsen.
http://www.leifmadsen.com