[asterisk-users] nat problem in reinvite..

Oguzhan Kayhan oguzhank at bilkent.edu.tr
Thu Mar 26 08:29:34 CDT 2009

Hello i am making some tests with reninvite function..
It is not directly related to asterisk but it would be nice to hear some
ideas too.

My setting is like that  PhoneA on local area with asterisk with real ip..
Phone B is behind nat on a adsl connection.

Asterisk
    -------Local Area-----IPTables---Internet---ADSLModem with Nat---PhoneB
PhoneA

It is basicly my config.. SO, when i call from PhoneA to PhoneB everything
seems fine...But when i call from phoneb to phonea(with reinvite for sure)
I can hear phoneb but..i cant receive any voice on phonea.
When i examine the iptables logs, i figure out that RTP is trying to be
sent with private ip of phoneb in second situation..(i mean with
192.168.x.x)

Except this, if i disable reinvite i have no problems regarding to nat...

So i am suspicious about dsl modem maybe.. or sip client on phoneb side..
but i tried different phones...including x-lite (Even it has a autodetect
global ip option) but no solution so far...
Any ideas??