[asterisk-users] show pri usage

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 26 09:19:51 CDT 2009

Hi,

I would like to know how to see which channels are used in my PRI E1 link from Asterisk to another locally-connected commercial PBX.

If I run "dahdi show channels", I can see the used channels in the second column "extension" but only if it's an "incoming" call (ie. legacy PBX to Asterisk).

If I dial from an Asterisk extension to an extension in the other PBX, "dahdi show channels" does not show me which channel it's using (there is nothing in the "extension" column).

"show channels" does show SIP to ZAP usage but it's not that clear.

My goal is to simply record the PRI channel usage through time (like a 10 minute cron script that polls PRI link status/usage).

Maybe I could simply do something like:
asterisk -rx "show channels" | grep -c -i zap
to get the number of zap/dahdi channels in use.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Vieri