[asterisk-users] OpenVox A400P01 vs Digium TDM401B

Ade Vickers asterisk at solutionengineers.com
Thu Mar 26 02:23:56 CDT 2009

Gordon Henderson wrote:

> > Other than the price (nearly £150 difference), is there any
> particular
> > reason not to pick an OpenVox A400-based solution for my UK
> Asterisk needs?
>
> None whatsoever.
>
> I think the new digium cards are better at interrupt sharing,
> but if that's not an issue for you, then go for it. I've
> installed many OpenVox cards. Use Oslec too - works a treat.

Excellent, ta for that. I don't think interrupts will be a problem, this
will be the only PCI card in the system...

> > Caller ID is the only thing the AX-100P gave me hassle
> with; does the
> > A400 handle it any better? Remembering that UK CLID is presented
> > between 1st & 2nd rings, using V22.bis tones IIRC. I
> currently use a
> > Pace modem (which has UK CLID capability built in) to
> capture CLID info...
>
> > Any thoughts much appreciated,
>
> I think you're wrong about UK caller ID.. There is a line
> polarity reversal, then caller ID is transmitted, then the line rings.

You're right, I'd forgotten the polarity reversal; that's what stumpst he
AX-100P card, which simply doesn't register the initial reversal. I thought
CLID came after the 1st ring, though? I'll check next time I'm on-site with
the Asterisk box...

> You'll need a patch for Zaptel to make it work reliably -
> same problem with both Digium TDM400 and OpenVox A400 cards
> too. (ie. it's a driver
> issue) Look for "zaptel-ring.diff" if stuck, email me and
> I'll email my copy.

I think I already have it patched with every UK CLID patch I could find...