[asterisk-users] OpenVox A400P01 vs Digium TDM401B

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Wed Mar 25 15:12:07 CDT 2009

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009, Asterisk wrote:

> Other than the price (nearly £150 difference), is there any particular
> reason not to pick an OpenVox A400-based solution for my UK Asterisk needs?

None whatsoever.

I think the new digium cards are better at interrupt sharing, but if
that's not an issue for you, then go for it. I've installed many OpenVox
cards. Use Oslec too - works a treat.

> I have only a single line (so 1x FXO) and use SIP phones exclusively on-site
> (no FXS needed). I need to replace my current AX-100P card, as my new
> Asterisk server doesn't support 5v PCI cards, which the AX-100P is...
>
> Caller ID is the only thing the AX-100P gave me hassle with; does the A400
> handle it any better? Remembering that UK CLID is presented between 1st &
> 2nd rings, using V22.bis tones IIRC. I currently use a Pace modem (which has
> UK CLID capability built in) to capture CLID info...

> Any thoughts much appreciated,

I think you're wrong about UK caller ID.. There is a line polarity
reversal, then caller ID is transmitted, then the line rings.

You'll need a patch for Zaptel to make it work reliably - same problem
with both Digium TDM400 and OpenVox A400 cards too. (ie. it's a driver
issue) Look for "zaptel-ring.diff" if stuck, email me and I'll email my
copy.

Gordon