[asterisk-users] "The number you have called has been disconnected or is no longer in service"

drew einhorn drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 19:28:12 CDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 5:39 PM, Phil Reynolds
<phil-asterisk at tinsleyviaduct.com> wrote:
> Quoting "drew einhorn" <drew.einhorn at gmail.com>:
>
>> This sort of message is usually preceded by some magic tones that
>> allow direct marketing application to immediately drop a call to a
>> dead phone number.
>>
>> What is the proper terminology for the tones?
>
> Special Information Tone.
>
>> Where can I find information about how this is implemented?
>
> In Asterisk, the Zapateller application is used to generate this.

Actually what I am trying to understand how the dialing system reacts
to these tones, and whether there is just one "Special Information Tone"
or whether there is a whole family of them with a variety of semantics.

Now that I know the terminology, I will have more luck googling.

--
Drew Einhorn