[asterisk-users] Area code 757 "Car warranty" calls

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 22:09:44 CDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 10:27 PM, Jon Pounder <jonp at inline.net> wrote:
> Cary Fitch wrote:
>
> two weeks ago when I said don't ever permit them to have phone service
> again I was labeled a radical.
>
> at&t and the other telcos are just dropping the ball here as I said
> before - with ip address spoofing we all have rules to prevent packets
> from entering our network which should have originated within it. if the
> telcos just did the same we would all be happier - and screw the
> "legitimate" use of faking ani, caller id or whatever level its
> happening at. Personally I would prefer to ignore the calls from my bank
> that are originating in asia since they are just trying to sell me
> something I don't want anyway.

C'Mon, recip comps are peanuts? Why would they? They make money off it
and yes BECAUSE it's from another carrier.

> Rogers in Canada just lost a class action suit for failing to provide
> the internet service they said they would in their terms of service,
> (poor bandwidth, poor uptime etc), and this set a good precedent. I
> think everyone who pays to have caller id on a line should get together
> and file a class action suit - if the telcos can not guarantee its
> accurate, they are not providing the service contracted for, so either

I don't see where this is the same. If Rogers would have lost for
allowing spoofed IP address to arrive at a customers computer then you
are comparing apples to apples. But if one pays for a feature that is
meant to just be what is provided, how exactly you going to sue them?