[asterisk-users] "The number you have called has been disconnected or is no longer in service"

John Todd jtodd at digium.com
Thu Mar 19 19:19:05 CDT 2009

On Mar 19, 2009, at 4:34 PM, drew einhorn wrote:

> This sort of message is usually preceded by some magic tones that
> allow direct marketing application to immediately drop a call to a
> dead phone number.
>
> What is the proper terminology for the tones?
>
> Where can I find information about how this is implemented?
>
> --
> Drew Einhorn

As noted previously, they're "Special Information Tones" and you can
create your own with the "PlayTones" function in Asterisk if they're
not already specified in indications.conf (many large country settings
already exist).  Here are the frequency specifications for the ones in
North America:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_information_tone

and for the rest of the world:

http://www.3amsystems.com/wireline/tone-search.htm?start=0&kTone=40

JT

---
John Todd                       email:jtodd at digium.com
Digium, Inc. | Asterisk Open Source Community Director
445 Jan Davis Drive NW -  Huntsville AL 35806  -   USA
direct: +1-256-428-6083         http://www.digium.com/