[asterisk-users] Voicemail config help - require password

Andrew Furey andrew.furey at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 18:18:05 CDT 2009

On 19/03/2009, Jonathan Thurman <jthurman42 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Also, is there a way to retain deleted messages for a length of time
>  before they are purged?  We currently have that "feature" on our
>  production VM server that I am trying to replicate.  Thanks!

Could this be done with a simple nightly cron job? Something like

find /var/lib/asterisk/messages [I forget the path] -name *.wav -mtime
+90 -exec rm {} \;

That'll delete any WAV files older than 90 days. Mind you, there might
be an index file that needs editing as well (haven't used the VM
system for a while) so a script may be needed...

Andrew

--
Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.