[asterisk-users] Voicemail config help - require password

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed Mar 18 17:31:31 CDT 2009

On Wednesday 18 March 2009 17:02:33 Jonathan Thurman wrote:
> How do you require a password for a voicemail box?  I have been
> searching all day, and can't find any type of "security" setting for
> voicemail.  I am looking for some what to have some minimum security
> like "no blanks, can't be the same as the extension, can't be
> sequential numbers or repeated numbers".  I know that not all of these
> options may exist, but there has to be a way to require a password?
> If not, does anyone have an external script that does some of the
> above before I write one?
>
> Also, is there a way to retain deleted messages for a length of time
> before they are purged?  We currently have that "feature" on our
> production VM server that I am trying to replicate.  Thanks!

Starting in 1.6.2, yes.  The setting within voicemail.conf that controls this
is externpasscheck.  This setting controls the name of a script used for
password validation.  The script should output the value 'VALID', plus any
additional details you want in the log if the password meets the specified
rules and 'FAILURE' (followed by any additional details) otherwise.

--
Tilghman