[asterisk-users] Voicemail config help - require password

Jonathan Thurman jthurman42 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 22:18:23 CDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 4:18 PM, Andrew Furey <andrew.furey at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19/03/2009, Jonathan Thurman <jthurman42 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  Also, is there a way to retain deleted messages for a length of time
>>  before they are purged?  We currently have that "feature" on our
>>  production VM server that I am trying to replicate.  Thanks!
>
> Could this be done with a simple nightly cron job? Something like
>
> find /var/lib/asterisk/messages [I forget the path] -name *.wav -mtime
> +90 -exec rm {} \;
>
> That'll delete any WAV files older than 90 days. Mind you, there might
> be an index file that needs editing as well (haven't used the VM
> system for a while) so a script may be needed...
>
> Andrew

The cron job is a great idea for purging the files.  However, what I
am looking for is when a user deletes the message, it gets moved into
a "Delete items" directory for lack of better terms.  So the user has
X number of days before the message is purged to undelete it through
the voicemail menu.  I am using the plain file system voicemail.  Is
something like this supported with any of the voicemail modules?

-Jonathan