[asterisk-users] Voicemail config help - require password

Jonathan Thurman jthurman42 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 17:02:33 CDT 2009

How do you require a password for a voicemail box?  I have been
searching all day, and can't find any type of "security" setting for
voicemail.  I am looking for some what to have some minimum security
like "no blanks, can't be the same as the extension, can't be
sequential numbers or repeated numbers".  I know that not all of these
options may exist, but there has to be a way to require a password?
If not, does anyone have an external script that does some of the
above before I write one?

Also, is there a way to retain deleted messages for a length of time
before they are purged?  We currently have that "feature" on our
production VM server that I am trying to replicate.  Thanks!

-Jonathan