[asterisk-users] ATA react to phone but unresponsive to fax modem

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Mon Mar 16 13:42:03 CDT 2009

Hi,

I'm rather new to this domain so I may be doing stupid things without being
concious of that.

I've got a Patton MATA I'm trying to setup as T.38 fax adapter.
Whenever I connect a fax machine (Dell MFP1815dn) or a phone to it, I can
successfully send a fax or talk to the other end.

Whenever I connect a fax modem (Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop), I keep getting
"No signal. Line is busy or disconnect" from Windows XP fax application.
Whatching SIP trafic from this Patton MATA, I can see no single SIP is
leaving the box so I'm certain issue relates to analog line settings but I'm
mostly lost with things like Ring Polarity, Ring settings and so on.

I tried to mimic settings from an SPA3102 with which I can either fax from
fax machine or fax application but I'm unsuccessful at the moment.

1. Can you explain what is going on ?
2 What would you say reading this :
Ring waveform:  trapezoid
Ring frequency: 20
Ring voltage: 85
FXS input gain: -6
FXS output gain: -6
(I copied those values from SPA3102 into MATA)

Best regards