[asterisk-users] A400P + Intel D201GLY2(A) motherboard?

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Mon Mar 16 11:11:25 CDT 2009

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009, Gilles wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'd like to build myself an Asterisk server for SOHO use. Intel's
> D201GLY2 motherboard (http://tinyurl.com/ddarzp) looks like a very
> good deal, but I'm concerned about two things:
>
> 1. Will an A400P (from OpenVox, but supposed to be Digium-compatible
> http://tinyurl.com/ck6nfu) fit with a PCI riser, or will the CPU
> heatsink/fan be in the way? I downloaded the PDF from OpenVox's site,
> but didn't find the size of each PCI card

It depends on the riser and the case you use - if it extends out away from
the board, you'll not have any issues, (pizza box type case) but if it
doubles-back over the board (shuttle/cube type case) then there may not be
enough headroom. (The fan/heatsink looks high, but can't really tell from
the photos)

> 2. Performance, especially if there's the need for software echo cancelling

Zero issues with it's performance for SOHO use IMO. I don't use that
processor/board, but do use 1GHz VIA processors. Oslec works great on
openvox cards.

Gordon