[asterisk-users] A400P + Intel D201GLY2(A) motherboard?

Paulo Santos paulo.r.santos at sapo.pt
Mon Mar 16 11:17:45 CDT 2009

Gilles wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'd like to build myself an Asterisk server for SOHO use. Intel's
> D201GLY2 motherboard (http://tinyurl.com/ddarzp) looks like a very
> good deal, but I'm concerned about two things:
>
> 1. Will an A400P (from OpenVox, but supposed to be Digium-compatible
> http://tinyurl.com/ck6nfu) fit with a PCI riser, or will the CPU
> heatsink/fan be in the way? I downloaded the PDF from OpenVox's site,
> but didn't find the size of each PCI card

The card goes the other way, it doesn't go on top of the board. Well, at
least there are risers going away from the board, I don't know if there
are any going on top of it.

> 2. Performance, especially if there's the need for software echo cancelling

I did some tests on it, not many. Without going higher than 2.0 load
average I managed to do 10 calls per second, lasting 5 seconds each.
During those 5 seconds, 2 sound files were played (sln). MySQL CDR was
enabled, so that's also 10 DB writes/second.

I don't know exactly what board it was, but the processor was a Atom
<=2,2GHz. It had fan.

Two cards were used at the same time, one B400P and one A800, both Openvox.