[asterisk-users] A400P + Intel D201GLY2(A) motherboard?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Mon Mar 16 10:34:56 CDT 2009

Hello

I'd like to build myself an Asterisk server for SOHO use. Intel's
D201GLY2 motherboard (http://tinyurl.com/ddarzp) looks like a very
good deal, but I'm concerned about two things:

1. Will an A400P (from OpenVox, but supposed to be Digium-compatible
http://tinyurl.com/ck6nfu) fit with a PCI riser, or will the CPU
heatsink/fan be in the way? I downloaded the PDF from OpenVox's site,
but didn't find the size of each PCI card

2. Performance, especially if there's the need for software echo cancelling

If someone here has used this motherboard to build an Asterisk
server, could you answer the questions, at least the first one?

Thank you.