[asterisk-users] chan_zap.so missing

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Mar 10 15:44:33 CDT 2009

markus wrote:

> I installed Asterisk following the instructions of the book
> "Asterisk: The Future of Telephony". (very nice book)
> However, I failed.

You 'failed' because you installed Asterisk 1.6.0.6, which contains a
very large number of changes compared to Asterisk 1.4, which is what the
 Asterisk: TFOT book was written about.

If you want to be able to follow the book and get the same results,
you'll have to install the same major versions of the software as the
book tells you to. If instead you wish to use Asterisk 1.6.0.6 (which is
not a bad idea <G>), then you'll need to read (at least) the UPGRADE.txt
file that explains about the important differences between Asterisk 1.4
and Asterisk 1.6, and also contains a link to the Zaptel-to-DAHDI.txt
file which has documentation specifically on the subject you posted about.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com