[asterisk-users] chan_zap.so missing

markus antropy7 at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 10 15:31:32 CDT 2009

Hello everyone!

I installed Asterisk following the instructions of the book
"Asterisk: The Future of Telephony". (very nice book)
However, I failed.

I installed zaptel, libpri and asterisk (in this order).

The Installation of Zaptel is successful and my TDM400P is correctly
detected:

# zttool

Alarms          Span
OK              Wildcard S400P Prototype Board 1
UNCONFIGURED    ZTDUMMY/1 (source: HRtimer) 1

# ztcfg -vvv

Zaptel Version: 1.4.12.1
Echo Canceller: MG2
Configuration
======================
Channel map:
Channel 01: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
1 channels to configure.

The Installations of libpri and asterisk-1.6.0.6 also succeeded without
errors.
But I don't have a zapata channel driver.

*CLI> core show channeltypes
Type        Description                              Devicestate
Indications  Transfer
----------  -----------                              -----------
-----------  --------
Agent       Call Agent Proxy Channel                 yes          yes
no
IAX2        Inter Asterisk eXchange Driver (Ver 2)   yes          yes
yes
Skinny      Skinny Client Control Protocol (Skinny)  yes          yes
no
Console     OSS Console Channel Driver               no           yes
no
SIP         Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)        yes          yes
yes
MGCP        Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP)    yes          yes
no
USTM        UNISTIM Channel Driver                   no           yes
no
Local       Local Proxy Channel Driver               yes          yes
no
Phone       Standard Linux Telephony API Driver      no           yes
no
They say, that chan_zap.so is build in channels/ in my working
directory.
But it's not too strange, that chan_zap.so was not built, since
there's not even the file chan_zap.c .
Isn't it supposed to be there?

I downloaded the files "asterisk-1.6-current.tar.gz" and
"asterisk-1.4-current.tar.gz" but no trace of chan_zap in both.

I use Debian 5.0 with 2.6.26-1-686 Kernel.

I'm out of ideas, please help. What am I missing?

Sorry for my bad English.

Regards,
Markus