[asterisk-users] chan_zap.so missing

markus antropy7 at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 10 17:52:33 CDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 15:44 -0500, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> markus wrote:
>
> > I installed Asterisk following the instructions of the book
> > "Asterisk: The Future of Telephony". (very nice book)
> > However, I failed.
>
> You 'failed' because you installed Asterisk 1.6.0.6, which contains a
> very large number of changes compared to Asterisk 1.4, which is what the
>  Asterisk: TFOT book was written about.
>
> If you want to be able to follow the book and get the same results,
> you'll have to install the same major versions of the software as the
> book tells you to. If instead you wish to use Asterisk 1.6.0.6 (which is
> not a bad idea <G>), then you'll need to read (at least) the UPGRADE.txt
> file that explains about the important differences between Asterisk 1.4
> and Asterisk 1.6, and also contains a link to the Zaptel-to-DAHDI.txt
> file which has documentation specifically on the subject you posted about.

Thanks for the help!
My analog telephones are working now =)
But I hear the first time about dahdi. I red the wrong articles.
Seems like asterisk version 1.4.23.2 also supports only dahdi.
You know, first I followed exactly the instructions of the book and did
# wget
http://downloads.digium.com/pub/asterisk/asterisk-1.4-current.tar.gz,
got 1.4.23.2 and ran into the same problem.
So at the first glance both major versions showed no difference to me,
and I had no idea.
I need 1.6 because of some sip problems in 1.4 .

Now all is up and running, sip and dahdi, thank you guys!