[asterisk-users] How to generate core dump?

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Mon Mar 2 11:07:55 CST 2009

You would think this, but I've seen asterisk create 100 or more dumps in an
hour of 10+Mb.  Depending on Inode size, etc., this situation could push a
system into a "hurting" capacity rather quickly.  Also, many shops use older
technology and compound this by RAID striping, which can reduce your
effective capacity by up to 70%.  Just an observation.