[asterisk-users] How to generate core dump?

RE Kushner List Account lists at darl.com
Mon Mar 2 10:57:43 CST 2009

Danny Nicholas wrote:
> You could change your asterisk command to asterisk -vvg, but this will eat
> your disk space if you have a large number of faults since each core.* file
> produced takes up 1-13 Mb.

In the day and age where 500GB hard drives are $75 at Micro Center, hard
drive space shouldn't be a concern to many unless you've recycled a
system older than four years old. I was out yesterday and the cheapest
and smallest drive they carried was a WD 160GB for $40, and until the
last year the smallest drive you could get was 80GB, and the year before
that 60GB.

It'd take weeks of core dumps before a blip would show up in df unless
it's constantly core dumping, which from what he said I suspect is not
the case.

-Ron