[asterisk-users] how can I get Better natural Voice in Festival

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Jun 24 11:48:20 CDT 2009

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009, David Backeberg wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 2:16 AM, DHAVAL
> INDRODIYA<dhaval.it01034 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am using festival as an application but it default voice is not good
>> to hear anybody have solution about better voice in Festival
>
> If you don't like the output of the free TTS, you can try commercial
> products instead. Some people say you get what you pay for. You can read
> the archives for opinions about various commercial TTS products.
>
> And you can always hire professional voice talent if you are recording
> prompts.

I like Cepstral with the Allison font. ("The Voice of Asterisk.")

Sometimes a bit obvious, sometimes indistinguishable from her recorded
prompts. If I took the time to learn their markup language, I think I'd be
even happier.

I think it was only $30 with a Nerd Vittles coupon code, but it's been a
long time...

Thanks in advance,