[asterisk-users] failover trunk config.

Oguzhan Kayhan oguzhank at bilkent.edu.tr
Thu Jun 18 01:35:02 CDT 2009

Hello,
I wanted to add a failover trunk to my asterisk configuration.
I got 2 gateways for my calls.. one is a pri other is voip trunk.
I want to keep my trunk for failover.
I am using ast 1.6 with asterisk-gui.
But when i add a failover trunk for test purposes asterisk-gui adds the
following line to my extensions.conf.  where superonline is my voip
provider and span_1 is failover trunk.

 exten =
XXXX,1,Macro(trunkdial-failover-0.3,${Superonline}/${EXTEN:0},${span_1}/${EXTEN:0},Superonline,span_1)

But what if i dont want to use this macro??
How can i make a similar macro with failover by myself.
I dont want to use this macro because there's a bug that i still couldnt
find out..that prevents writing Source and caller id to the call logs.