[asterisk-users] how can I get Better natural Voice in Festival

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 11:02:03 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 2:16 AM, DHAVAL
INDRODIYA<dhaval.it01034 at gmail.com> wrote:
> hello All
>
> I am using festival as an application
>
> but it default voice is not good to hear
>
> anybody have solution about better voice in Festival

I'm of the opinion that festival is:
a) pretty good
b) better than it used to be if you use the newer algorithm whose name
I'm forgetting.

If you don't like the output of the free TTS, you can try commercial
products instead. Some people say you get what you pay for. You can
read the archives for opinions about various commercial TTS products.

And you can always hire professional voice talent if you are recording prompts.