[asterisk-users] Help building dahdi for debian

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Jun 13 22:28:09 CDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 12:23:41PM +1000, Alex Samad wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 08:20:18AM +1000, Alex Samad wrote:
>
> [snip]
>

> > > It merely packages (most of the) the source tarball in the dahdi-source
> > > binary package, which is later built with dahdi-linux.
> >
> > that makes sense, I had a time constraint, will look at it next weekend,
> > when I have some times. because I want to move to 2.6.29
>
> okay started up my vm machine to build this,
>
> apt-source
> fix series
> dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -b
> install the source deb
>
> m-a build dahdi
> dpkg -c
> dahdi-modules-2.6.29-2-486_2.2.0~dfsg~rc5-1.1-alex01+2.6.29-5_i386.deb
>
> and I still can't see any firmware !! only kernel modules.
>
> Although I think I did see it download the firmware

The scripts for downloading the post-build firmware were moved to the
separate dahdi-firmware package (sadly it has not made it into the
archive yet). As the firmware files are not distributable I ended up
just including the firmwares/ directory . That package is intended for
non-free anyway (it includes the xpp firmwares)

I included a script in that package to download and install the digium
firmwares (a glorified make -C).

  /usr/share/dahdi/get-digium-firmware

--
               Tzafrir Cohen