[asterisk-users] Help building dahdi for debian

Alex Samad alex at samad.com.au
Sun Jun 14 00:10:03 CDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 06:28:09AM +0300, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 12:23:41PM +1000, Alex Samad wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 08:20:18AM +1000, Alex Samad wrote:
> >
> > [snip]

> > > that makes sense, I had a time constraint, will look at it next weekend,
> > > when I have some times. because I want to move to 2.6.29
> >
> > okay started up my vm machine to build this,
> >
> > apt-source
> > fix series
> > dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -b
> > install the source deb
> >
> > m-a build dahdi
> > dpkg -c
> > dahdi-modules-2.6.29-2-486_2.2.0~dfsg~rc5-1.1-alex01+2.6.29-5_i386.deb
> >
> > and I still can't see any firmware !! only kernel modules.
> >
> > Although I think I did see it download the firmware

I think I solved my problem. the kernel modules downloads and compiles
int the vpmadt032_x86_32.o_shipped blob. I was expecting and looking
for the firmware! silly me

> The scripts for downloading the post-build firmware were moved to the
> separate dahdi-firmware package (sadly it has not made it into the
> archive yet). As the firmware files are not distributable I ended up
> just including the firmwares/ directory . That package is intended for
> non-free anyway (it includes the xpp firmwares)
>
> I included a script in that package to download and install the digium
> firmwares (a glorified make -C).
>
>   /usr/share/dahdi/get-digium-firmware

okay

--
"When I was a kid I remember that they used to put out there in the Old West a wanted poster. It said, Wanted: Dead or Alive."

	- George W. Bush
09/18/2001
Washington, DC