[asterisk-users] Suddenly the voicebecame garbage(likerobot)using Asterisk 1.4.19.2

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Mon Jun 1 09:24:46 CDT 2009

Dave,
     In theory this is quite correct;  In real practice, Linux uses disk for
lots of background things and those of you using postgresql and/or realtime
are especially vulnerable.  A seemingly virtual task can be performing
thousands of IO operations per minute and if one or more of those is "hung",
performance will suffer considerably, even to the point of shutdown.  To
Emphasize, THIS IS NOT AN ASTERISK ISSUE, it is a Linux one.  Bandwidth,
particularly encrypted, is hardware dependent on many distros.  In my case
it could be strictly an Open SUSE 11.0 issue.