[asterisk-users] Dialplan SIP call back problem

Miguel Molina mmolina at millenium.com.co
Thu Jul 30 12:21:26 CDT 2009

Alexandre Rodrigues escribió:
> Hello all,
>
> I am quite new in asterisk and I am trying to create a dialplan that
> executes the following steps:
>
> 1. A SIP friend dials 102 extension.
>
> 2. Asterisk PBX responds with some beeps.
>
> 3. The sip friend hangs up the phone.
>
> 4. Asterisk PBX calls back  to the sip friend after 30 seconds with
> the application music on hold.
>
> I tried to implement this using h extension but I got the following message:
>
> 	Spawn extension (internal, h, 1) exited non-zero on 'SIP/bt100-083b8e60'
>

> I used also dial local but the result was the same. :(
>
> I suppose that when I pick up the phone asterisk creates a thread and
> when I hang up the thread stops.
>
> Am I thinking correctly??
>
> Is there any way of executing those steps only using the dialplan??
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Best regards.
>
> -----------
> Alex

Yes, you cannot use the same (hungup) channel to transform it into an
outbound callback call. You're right about that asterisk creates a new
thread for each channel, AFAIK. So your callback solution cannot be done
with dialplan only. You have to create a script that upon hangup waits
the time you need and then creates a callfile to originate the callback
on its own call. The same script could do the job using the AMI
Originate action. This is sort of a quick answer, because I haven't had
the need to develop a callback solution and I'm pretty sure there's much
better solutions out there with similar concepts.

Regards,

--
Ing. Miguel Molina
Grupo de Tecnología